Thursday, July 1, 2010

Burnt Sienna design paper

Hi!!!!
I made this card for pileiton challenge-Do something fun with your paper.So made this Burnt Sienna(no pun intended) by  literally burning paper over a gas stove!
Well actually what I did was, rubbed a halved lime over a background design stamp from Hobby Ideas and stamped it onto A4 white sheet and let it dry for a few minutes.Then I held the paper over the gas stove burner at a distance of 8 inches and let the paper burn a little.The result was this beautiful vintage looking sheet of paper.I got this idea from Jak heath's blog but it was  a long time ago and I don't remember the exact post.The background design paper is a printout of a freebie from her blog too!
I combined a few of the following challenges:
1) Practicalscrappers - Border Punches and decorative edge scissors
2)corrosivechallengesbyjanet -Lot's of flowers
3)cardpatterns -sketch
4)pileitonchallenge - do something fun with paper

6 comments:

  1. wow!!... love this idea!.. tfs!.. btw which hobby ideas stamp is this?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Excellent idea.... I would probably end up burning the paper, though.... I guess I should have to practise a few times first!
    Thanks for playing along at Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Really pretty! Thanks for playing along with PIO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! I love the row of butterflies at the bottom!! Thanks for playing along at practical scrappers this week!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your wonderful comments!