Friday, October 1, 2010

Birthday cards

Hi dearies!
I made these cards today totally inspired by Mariana Grigsby's beautiful cards over at casestudychallenge. Now I'm kicking myself for not having taken part in their earlier challenges..her cards are beautiful and I like the whole concept of casing cards for challenges.Well, better late than never! I made the first card for mojomonday sketch 158 and the second card for absolutely no challenge. There seems to be some  inverse relation between the effort I put in my cards and the outcome..it's almost become a rule!!..The second one was made in less than 20 min and the first one ummm let me just say it took aaages!Though the first one is nice I liked second one more..Well enough about the cards..weekend is almost round the corner..hope you guys have a great weekend!I and my hubby have a lot of movies to catch up on..still haven't seen Peepli Live and Dabangg!!Have a great day!

16 comments:

  1. I think both of them are awesome! The first one has some great colours, and the second has a wonderful softness to it... Thanks so much for playing with us!
    (don't worry about missing a few challenges, we're not planning on stopping now, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh,i tooo love the second one for its soft colors:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the bold colours on the first card! And the softer colours on the second! They are both pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first card for its bold colors..superb contrast, and the second is so soft and sweet! (why is flower looking distorted? flower soft?)

    And you haven't seen Dabangg? go and see it, we've seen it thrice and planning another round..its superb!!! don't bother with peepli live..i found it really waste of time..i mean issues are issues, but i go to movies to relax my brain not to think on social issues :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the second card...lovely soft color combo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely better late than never! So glad you managed to play along!
    I love how different your cards are in style even though they contain the same elements!
    Thanks so much for joining in this week's CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such pretty cards. as all mentioned each has a distinct flavour :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely lovely cards... I love the first one for its fantastic colors and that to-die-for ribbon :-)
    And the second one for its softness...

    ReplyDelete
  9. both cards are absolutely beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. loove the cards!.. the ribbon on the first card is sooo fab! :)..
    oh and I saw dabangg! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like both cards. Mariana is such a wonderful inspiration that sometimes it's easy to get a card made quicker, but other times...eh! Both are wonderfully colored and designed! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards both , Shraddha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful Love the color in the first one and the softness in the second.
    Thank you for playing with us at case study. Hope you come back again? like Iwona said we're not planning to stop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous colours in these 2 gems, the flowers are so cute! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great works. I like the style of the sentiment in ur first card. Colors r also unique in the first one. Second one is also gd. I like the softness in this card. Gd. going.

    Hugs
    Sudha

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your wonderful comments!